We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Friday, May 29, 2015

DominoART Challenge #14 Any Theme + Any Game Goes!

TGIF Dominoians!
Oh My Ghoul, can you believe that it's nearly June already and time for a new DominoART challenge, the months are just flying by!
 
First up, I received 4 fabulous entries for my #13 RAVENS challenge, thank you everyone for playing!  5+ entries are needed for a sponsored prize but I love all the entries submitted this month and would like to extend the invitation to be a DominoART Guest Designer in the near future to you all :0)  So ALL of YOU are WINNERS this month ;0)

Please Email Me and let me know if you're interested in doing a guest designer project!
You will also receive a Guest Designer Badge to display on your blog when your project is featured!

On to June!
DominoART Challenge #14
"Any Theme"
and is
ANY GAME GOES!
This challenge is wide open!  Make anything you want, altering any kind of game piece(s) with any theme!  What could be easier than that right, so I hope to see lots of fabulous entries ;0)
 5+ entries are required to win a DominoART prize!   For 4 entries or less I'm now offering Guest Designer spots to my fave projects and you get a snazzy badge for your blogs!

For today's inspiration I've created an altered domino necklace with a matching gift box made from real Domino Playing Cards and features stamps by Lost Coast Designs!  
This is also my finale project for DominoART's 15 Days of Terror Scarefest which you can see HERE!

The Watchful Raven
The mini Raven figurine is from my "Poe" Living Dead Doll
 Lost Coast Designs stamps:

The domino necklace
I used Brilliance metallic Silver from the Mineral tri-colour ink pad and Jet Black Archival Ink on the surface of the domino and heat set before stamping the Raven with black Archival ink and embellished the eye with a Stampendous sticker jewel.  You can't tell in the photos but the pendant has a wonderful metallic shimmer to it.  All 4 sides of the domino are stamped with portions of the Tree Branches background stamp.  I sealed the entire domino with Judikins Diamond Glaze after I took the photos (the glossy glare sometimes makes it hard to get a good photo).  The bail is actually a black dice bead with white dots.  I coloured the dots with black Sharpie and transformed the black dice into a silver one with a metallic silver Sharpie.  The dice bail was adhered to the top of the domino with E6000 glue and narrow black ribbon added to create the necklace.

The Domino Playing Cards gift box - click on the pic to enlarge
I made the matching gift box bottom and lid with two Domino Playing Cards and used Aleene's Box Maker board to score all the folds.  I then stamped them both with portions of the large Tree Branches stamp with black Archival Ink.  Notches were cut to create the flaps and the box parts assembled and adhered with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.  I added a length of the same narrow black ribbon around the sides of the box lid and embellished one end with a bow.  This was such a fun little gift set to make!

Hope you enjoy your visit to DominoART today and I look forward to seeing your challenge entries!


Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh. I just love your necklace & your box out of domino cards. Hopefully you will have lots of entrants with an anything goes theme. P.S. You got 5 entrants to challenge 13. I just got my project in (no.5) before the linky closed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AEL :0) It was only 4, I hadn't deleted the one entry yet made by one of my DA DT which wasn't supposed to still be there...she tested the link up to make sure it was working & I had removed the entry yet ;0)

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your two fabulous entries this month AEL! Both are fabulous and yes, I do consider golf tees a "game" ;0)

      Delete
  3. Hello, there I am, #1. Now that's a turn up. Usually I like racing Mr Linky to the finish. Love your domino box. Very cool. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous altered playing cards with us! I've just left you some love on your blog :0)

      Delete
  4. Had to pop back to leave a comment...
    Love the challenge, all new to me,really enjoyed altering my domino...
    Great Domino & Box Leigh...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your domino necklace is stunning Sandie, thank you for sharing with us! I've just left you some love on your blog ;0)
      Domino Hugs!

      Delete
  5. Love all the entering....great projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...