We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day 23: UTEE Embossed Domino Ornament by Pam S!

Season's Greetings Dominoians!

It's Day 23 of
DominoART's 24 Days of Christmas

Pam S joins us again to share her stunning UTEE Embossed Domino Ornament!


Supplies Used:
Black Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel
Clear Embossing Ink
Black Staz-On Ink
Perfect Pearls - Metallic Green and Metallic Gold
Red GEO Dots
Background Rubber Stamp "Swirls"
Ball Chain

I used the Staz-On ink and inked the edges of the domino and set it used a heat gun.  I then used the clear embossing ink and covered the entire back of the domino ad poured the black UTEE onto that while wet.  I used the heat gun to melt the UTEE and, while hot, poured another layer on top of that.  I shook of the extra and heated it up again to melt.  I repeated one more time for a total of three layers.  I allowed it to cool before the next step.  Once cooled I stamped the black UTEE with the embossing ink once again and carefully applied some green and gold Perfect Pearls until the top was completely covered.  Then I heated the top up again allowing the UTEE to once again get molten and then used my background stamp and stamped onto the hot UTEE using pressure to get a deeply etched image.  I allowed the stamp to cool in place and then removed it.  Once cooled completely I added some tiny red GEO dots to smaller swirled areas of the design to give a more Christmas ornament feel.  I added the chain to the back and now I can hang it from my tree using an ornament hook or add it to a necklace for a holiday night out.  Merry Christmas one and all may God Bless you and your family this season.
See you tomorrow!

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

5 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...