We create altered game art from dominoes to jigsaw pieces and beyond...If it's a Game we Alter it! Come & play in our monthly challenges and fun events throughout the year!

Friday, April 17, 2015

Week 4 of D'ART Challenge #12 "Dominoes to DYE for"

TGIF Dominoians!
We're now heading into the fourth week of

 DominoART Challenge #12
"Dominoes to Dye for"

I challenge you to DYE your dominoes using only the Egg Dye kits sold for colouring eggs!  So dash on out to your grocery store and grab a few different kinds before they're gone for another year!  Click HERE to enter Challenge #12!  5+ entries required to win a prize!  For 5 entries or less I'm now offering Guest Designer spots to the creators of my fave projects!
 

Last week I showed you the dominoes I altered using a metallics egg dye kit and today I'm sharing some "Alien Landscape" dominoes I made using 2 of my faves from those dominoes. I loved those 2 from the middle, they reminded me of deep space photos of magical celestial-scapes. So I used those 2 and added the stamped Lost Coast Designs columns from the ATC Misc. 7 Set. The columns were stamped on Neenah cardstock and coloured in shades of Cool Grey Copics, fussy cut out and just the bases adhered to the dominoes so that the columns stood away from the domino surfaces to add some quirky dimension.  I completed the celestial sky with self-adhesive silver starts.  


Sadly there's been no entries yet, I'm surprised coz this challenge was a fan favourite in my DominoART Yahoo group over the years.  Hopefully you're still working on your projects though and I'll see some fab ones this week ;0)  There's still plenty of time to enter, the challenge closes on the 29th at noon PST!  I saw some kits in the Easter clearances at 90% off at Walmart the other day so hurry and grab some while you can! There's no right or wrong way to dye dominoes so just have fun and play around with the kits and see what results you get.
I'm DYE-ing to see your challenge entries ;0)
Click HERE to enter Challenge #12!

Domino Hugs!
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness - now those are super stunning and I have that stamp too. !!! Maybe I should give this domino thing a try ? The only egg dyes I get here are red LoL xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by DominoART and leaving your kind comments! I truly appreciate hearing from you and don't hesitate to ask if you've got any questions too ;0)
Domino Hugs!
Leigh S~B
THE SHARPIE DOMINO QUEEN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...